School Resource Officer
Constable D. Mann
Edmonton Police Service
School Resource Officer, Jasper Place High School
Jasper Place is an excellent place to get an education, offering programs for just about every interest. The school has very dedicated staff that strive to maintain a safe and fun learning environment. Here are a few rules and reminders to ensure you have the best possible high school experience.
- Jasper Place is a large school, don't be afraid to ask for help from staff if you are lost or unsure of something. There are a lot of resources available to you if you need assistance, all you need to do is ask!
- I am a resource as well and if you have questions related to law or any other general question at all feel free to come by my office at an appropriate time and I will do my absolute best to help you!. Parents can contact me or set up an appointment by calling the school office.
- Smoking is prohibited on school property. Students are also asked to refrain from smoking near the parking lot behind Jasper Place Pool, and in front of the recreation centre area. The fine for underage smoking is $115.
- Please do not litter. The custodial staff work extremely hard to maintain a clean school environment for you all. The fine for littering is $250.
- Parking is limited in the student lot and lines are not marked. Please park in a reasonable fashion and drive with care as the school gets very busy, with many vehicles and pedestrians in the area. Do not park in the reserved staff or visitor parking as violators will be towed and issued a $50 bylaw ticket.
- Abide by marked signs in the neighborhood for traffic control and parking. Remember as students at this school you are part of a larger community.
- Many of you carry cell phones, laptops, etc. Ensure that you have recorded your serial # or marked your property in case of theft or loss so that it may be tracked. Police cannot return property if they cannot identify an owner.
- Ensure your lockers are LOCKED and DO NOT leave your personal items unattended!!
There are a lot of fun clubs, teams and groups that you can get involved with at Jasper Place High School so I encourage everyone to get involved at your school Have a great school year!!