Community Mental Health Supports
Walk-in Counselling in Edmonton
Single Session Walk-In Service at Northgate Clinic, Rutherford Health Centre & St. Albert Clinic (AHS)
- This service offers a FREE 50-minute, solution-focused, single therapy session on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Available to children and youth ages 6-17
- Monday to Friday 12:30 – 4:00 PM. Last client seen at 3:00pm
- Northgate Clinic location: 9499 137 Avenue Phone: 780 342-2700
- Rutherford Health Centre location: #202, 11153 Ellerslie Road Phone: 780 342-6850
- St. Albert Clinic location: St. Albert Provincial Building, 30 Sir Winston Churchill Avenue, St Albert - Phone: 780 342-1410
Access Open Minds Clinic (AHS Young Adult Services):
- Provides FREE drop-in counselling & service navigation for young adults between 16- 25 years old
- Services include: addictions counsellors, psychiatry, employment services & recreational programs (Challenge by Choice)
- Located at the Bill Rees YMCA on Tuesdays- Fridays from 12 PM to 5:30PM. No appointment necessary.
- Address: 10211 105 St NW
- For more information see: http://accessopenminds.ca/our-site/edmonton-ab/
Drop-In Single Session Counselling (City of Edmonton)
- Multiple locations across Edmonton. Times and locations vary. No age limitation. FREE
- For more information see: http://www.dropinyeg.ca/locations/ or call 780 496-4777
Momentum Walk-In Counselling
- Momentum provides walk-in support and guidance to people in need of counselling services.
- No age limitation. Fees on a sliding scale.
- Monday to Thursday 11am – 7pm, Friday to Saturday 10am – 2pm, closed Sundays
- Location: Suite 200 9562 82 Avenue Phone: 780-757-0900
Children’s Mental Health Mobile Response Team (MRT)
- Offers immediate crisis support through their Crisis Line to children and youth (up to their 18th birthday) and their care providers. If required crisis staff can attend the home.
- MRT therapists will determine, together with the caregivers, if additional services are required at the time of the crisis call.
- To contact them call: (780)-427- 4491. Available daily
Support Network Distress Line/Suicide Distress Line: 780-482-4357
Kids Help Phone – Phone, Text or App
- Phone at 1-800-668-6868 or Text at 686868
- Live chat in Alberta on Wednesday to Sunday 4:00pm until midnight.
- https://org.kidshelpphone.ca/ or phone application “Always There”
- Texting 778-783-0177 puts one in touch with a crisis worker who will text back and provide support for youth
- Free service for anyone in Canada. Only available 6 pm to midnight.
Adult Crisis (Community Urgent Services & Stabilization Team): 780-342-7777
For individuals 17.5 and older
Need Help outside of school hours or just in general? Here's who to call.
AHS Youth Crisis Mobile Response Team: 780-427-4491
AHS Adult Mobile Mental Health: 780-342-7777
AHS Children Youth & Families Centralized Intake and Walk in services: 780-342-2701
The Support Network Distress Line: 1-800-232-7288
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 / text CONNECT to 686868
Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton Crisis Line: 780-423-4121 / 1-866-403-8000
Canadian Mental Health Association Distress Line: 780-482-4387
Elder Abuse Intake Line: 780-477-2929
211 https://www.ab.211.ca/ (Text / Call / Online Chat)
Trans Lifeline – 1-877-330-6366 (24/7)