High School Enrollment
Jasper Place school did not go to a random selection for the 2017-2018 school year.
Welcome to all of our new students and thank you for selecting Jasper Place High as your school of choice!
Requests can be seen under "Course Requests" in Schoolzone on April 26th. (out of district students will not have a schoolzone account until the new school year.)
Request changes can be done in the scheduling office until the end of June or during Summer School in the General office (9:00 am - 12 pm).
A summer newsletter will be mailed home to all students with information about our School Registration that will take place in late August. (timetable, ID card, etc.)
Have a great summer!
If you’re making the move to high school, check out our EPSB High School Program Guide to learn about high school courses, credits required to earn an Alberta High School Diploma and a Certificate of High School Achievement, awards and scholarships, post-secondary options and how to register.
CHOOSING A SCHOOL
A student may also choose to attend any other high school in the District, as long as:
- the school has available space
- the student meets any entrance criteria of that school
If the number of students who want to attend a school or program exceeds the available space, applicants from outside the school’s designated attendance area will be chosen by random selection.
HIGH SCHOOLS WITH ENTRANCE CRITERIA
Learn more about schools with entrance criteria.
Every neighbourhood high school with a designated attendance area has an optimal enrolment limit. Jasper Place Attendance Area map can be accessed here attendance area mapattendance area mapattendance area mapattendance area mapattendance area mapattendance area map
You can find a list of high schools, their designated catchment area and their optimal enrolment limits for the 2017 -2018 school year at epsb.ca.
Here's what you need to know before applying to your preferred high school.
- The deadline to submit registration forms to your preferred high school is April 18, 2017
- After April 18, 2017, students who have not yet pre-enrolled may have limited options for available high schools.
- If student applications exceed the pre-enrolment limit of available space at any given high school, then not all applicant will be accepted. A random selection conducted by district administrationwill be used to determine which applicants from outside the designated attendance area can be accommodated.
- Random selections will be completed by April 25, 2017. Students who were not selected to the high school of their choice will be able to attend their designated attendance area high school or any other school with remaining space.
- Student course selections are confirmed only after the random selection process is completed.
- Students currently enrolled in language immersion or bilingual programs will be guaranteed admission to high schools that offer continuity of programming.
- Every attendance area high school offers enrichment programming through either the International Baccalaureate or Advanced Placement program.
- Contact your preferred high school or the high school in your neighbourhood for more information.